Monday, April 24, 2006

Back from the Carolinas

I am happy to say that this weekend's trip to the Carolinas was well worth the effort. It's kind of hard to travel with an infant, but he seemed to take it well and he really enjoyed meeting our friends in South Carolina. Indeed, we can now add yet another state to the list places he has been.  
I also really enjoyed making the trip into Raleigh for NC Gameday. The weather made the early-morning drive somewhat hellish, but it was so nice to be able to talk to Professor Pope that I didn't mind so much. If I had some time to write a longer post, I'd write about some of the thing we discussed... but alas, this week is going to for catching up work, sleep, housework, and workouts.
Once in Raleigh, I ran my first convention game and was pleased to catch up with EN World friends. The game itself was a hell of a lot of fun and reinforced my love of Risus. The week leading up to the trip was rather stressful and I didn't get to prepare as much as I would liked. But ultimately, it didn't matter one bit. With Risus, it's easy to improvise. I'm bummed that we couldn't stay for other games, but there will be time at GenCon (crossing my fingers...) to play in some of those games.
 
Ok, that's more personal stuff than I usually write about. For those of you that could care less, here's a great gaming blog that I just discovered.

No comments: