Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Happy 2007

We're back from "vacation". I hesitate to say "vacation", because it really is too much work. With all the driving and the visiting and driving and visiting. Not nearly enough time to chill out on personal stuff.

But it was fantastic to see friends and family again. Our son spent the first half of the trip in Faerie with a screaming Changeling in his place. But once he returned, he had a fine time with his cousins. He also got on well with the children of my high school friends. I can't wait for the inevitable (hopefully) father and child outings in the future.

Now, with the New Year here, I can start focusing on my resolutions. Besides training for the 2007 Boston Marathon (my last marathon, I swear), I hope to get on top of my schedule in preparation for th arrival of our second child. Learning to get by on less sleep with help. Also  I'm trying to figure out how I can get more time for gaming. That's face-to-face gaming ( Slaying Solomon and Dragonspire for a start), as well as computer gaming (haven't bought a computer game in ages).

Also high on the list: staying in touch with distant friends, eating better, and getting emergency preparation kits assembled for the house and car.

Oh yeah, I'd also like to return to my Chinese lessons and start a martial arts class. Something different from the whole focus on running.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Had a blast while you were here. I hope to find more time for gaming (both computer and face-to-face) in the New Year as well. When you commit to a game let me know so we can do some online stuff. Keep blogging and again congrats.

Billy D.